The Suzuki Piano Teachers Guild (SPTG) promotes and supports excellence in teaching for Suzuki piano teachers primarily in the Minneapolis-St. Paul Metropolitan area. SPTG subscribes to the philosophy and method of Suzuki Talent Education founded by Dr. Shinichi Suzuki and is supportive of its international, national and state organizations.
The Suzuki Piano Teachers Guild promotes Talent Education by providing:
• A forum for professional development of its members through lectures, demonstrations, observation and discussion of mutual concerns.
• Performance opportunities for students of guild members.
• Periodic opportunities for parents, which support their role as "home teacher."
All piano teachers are invited to participate in this workshop.
The performance of Ken Iisaka, featuring pieces by the Russian composer Nikolai Medtner (1880–1879), includes a talk about this contemporary of Rachmaninoff and Scriabin and will be followed by a reception.
Piano Masterclasses are open solely for students of SPTG members.
Registration closes on March 22, 2019
SPTG Piano Workshop
with Ken Iisaka
April 12, 2019, 7 pm
- Performance and talk by Ken Iisaka at
Normandale Community College
April 13, 2019, 9 am to 7 pm
- Workshop lectures for teachers and masterclasses for
students of SPTG members.